Wednesday, December 5, 2012

 Into The Wild. Selfishness?

Yeah I said it selfish. At first when I started reading the book Into The Wild I said to myself "Damn this guys Chris is pretty cool for not agreeing with society and just leaving" but as I kept reading I started to dislike this guy very much. In my eyes he was just a arrogant and selfish kid because of the way that he did things. In my opinion if he was truly unhappy with society he shouldn't have just abandoned it, if he really cared about society he would have stayed in it and done his part to make any little contribution to make it better. He also abandoned his family, leaving them worried because they did not know of his whereabouts and that is probably one of the worst thing that a parent could go threw not knowing if their child is alive and well. And arrogant, he thought he could survive the Alaskan frontier with not enough food, and not proper equipment like a map disregarding the warnings of people he met along the way who told him that he needed more food and at least a compass and map, damn what a bozo. It was just a matter of time before it all caught up to him when he ran out of food and starved to death.


No comments:

Post a Comment