Friday, November 16, 2012

In Dubious Battle

The Book I read was In Dubious Battle, by John Steinbeck.The book was about fighting injustices and the rights of the working class with the field workers going on strike after their wages were wrongfully cut. I really enjoyed reading this book because to me it was kind of a David versus Goliath story, with David being the poor apple pickers and Goliath being the rich landowners. My favorite thing about reading this book was all of the detail that the author uses, you really get  a clear picture of what is going on flowing in your head. You really get to know each of the characters and their personalities just by reading about them.With all of the detail you also get to see very clearly how the workers lived and how small farmers suffered. I would recommend this book to anybody who enjoys a intense very well written book.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lot that you connected with in this book. Are there any other books you would compare it to, either modern day or classic? I'm wondering if you could add a few of your favorite lines or some quotes. That would give me a better sense of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like underdog tales and you make it sound as though this one is worth reading. Is this is a true story or based on a true story? I was just wondering.

    ReplyDelete