Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Would you like a side of blonde with that?


Would seeing a picture of two fat hairy hillbillies eating a hamburger make you want one.? " Hell no!". But  this Carl's JR hamburger advertisement definitely caught my attention. They use two young, beautiful attractive women to sell their product. The audience being targeted are men and hamburger eaters and Americans as well  but primarily men. It is obvious to me that the marketing industry uses sex and "beautiful"people to sell their product.

7 comments:

  1. Your very right with this post. Most of the advertising we see is primarily going to appeal to sexuality or to humor. In some cases it can be both. I personally wouldn't buy from Carl's jr, but the ad does make me hungry. And I highly doubt I'll find two beautiful women eating my sammy when I go to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right about what they wanted to sell and who they wanted to sell it to. Sex does sell and if you target the right audience then your advertisement will be successful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all ways use perfect people to sell to US!
    How gullible do they think we are?
    Gullible enough that they are spending big buck$ on ads.

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree with you, why is it that they think beauty sells everything? Its like come on now those models probably would never even dare eat from McDonalds becaue they would get "fat" and yet they are the advertisers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice title! lol oh my gosh, your first sentence made me laugh because its true. no one would buy the product if there want somebody attractive with the product being sold. Sex does sell unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one really generated a lot of interest Francisco. You must have reached your target audience. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete